The HomeOwnership Center is hiring a Home Ownership Advisor.
The Home Ownership Advisor (Housing Counselor) is responsible for providing comprehensive, individual housing counseling services to customers, consistent with the organization’s mission, and in compliance with regulatory/funding requirements. The Advisor assists potential homebuyers in overcoming the roadblocks that prevent them from purchasing a home, which may include budgeting, credit and financial counseling. The Advisor also conducts Home Buyer and Home Owner Education workshops in a group setting.
To fulfill these roles, the Advisor must have good interpersonal and communication skills, possess a working knowledge of finances/credit, be an effective problem solver, and be able to convey suggestions/ideas in a constructive, nonjudgmental manner. Advisors must dress and act professionally, must be organized and efficient in time/work management, and must be able to work independently.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two or more years experience in education, counseling, finances, real estate or related field.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Comfort with basic math computation skills, along with creativity for problem solving.
- Display the ability to effectively interact with co-workers, customers, partners, board members, and community members.
- Detail oriented, with the ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities at once.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Exhibit professional conduct, appearance and attitude.
The primary responsibility of the Home Ownership Advisor is to provide direct counseling and education services to homeowners and potential homeowners. The duties associated with this responsibility include:
- Receive and process new customer inquiries.
- Communicate and schedule appointments with customers.
- Assess customer financial situation and determine work plan to achieve mortgage-ready status.
- Track customer and provide services until completion and resolution of goals, unless customer is uncooperative and/or fails to respond to communications from staff.
- Maintain full and accurate customer files and databases for all reporting purposes.
- Work with other non-profits and lenders to assist customer in goal achievement.
- Conduct Home Buyer Education and Home Owner Education workshops.
- Assist in development, coordination, and implementation of HOC marketing and outreach efforts.
- Work as a team member and support the mission and goals of the HOC.
- Represent the HOC consistently and effectively in a professional manner.
- Represent the HOC in various public events and activities as needed.
- Attend week-long, out-of-town trainings to obtain required industry certifications within first 12 months of employment, with periodic training required in subsequent years of employment.
Salary will be commensurate with experience, and generous benefits offered.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to [email protected] before June 16, 2017.