|We provide education and counseling services to more than 200 West Virginia families each year.|
The HomeOwnership Center offers various types of financial counseling and education customized to meet the needs of individuals and families, including:
- Credit and budget counseling to help enhance your financial fitness, improve your credit, and, if you’re interested in buying a home, become mortgage-ready.
- Home buyer education that covers the wide range of issues involved with the home buying and financing process.
- Foreclosure counseling that can assist home owners in resolving mortgage delinquencies and foreclosure threats.
Benefits of Education & Counseling
Recent studies have shown that education and counseling can greatly improve the financial fitness of prospective and existing home owners, thereby reducing the probability of mortgage delinquencies and foreclosures.
- For both first-time home buyers and repeat home buyers, pre-purchase housing counseling and education reduces the chance of loans becoming delinquent. (See: The Effects of Homebuyer Pre-Purchase Education and Counseling.)
- For distressed home owners who are already delinquent, housing counseling can help home owners get up to date on their payments and avoid foreclosure. (See: The Role of Housing Counseling in Reducing Mortgage Delinquency and Foreclosure.)